Palmtec DataCOL is a hand-held micro computer It is very rugged, light weight with about 250 - 400 Grams and suitable for the rough environments. It consists of keypad, Graphic LCD, Basic & In Built Scanner / BIOMETRIC MODULE etc, Higher End 32 Bit Microcontroller, USB interface and runs on Battery.
|Processor||ARM Cortex M3|
|Power||Li-Ion, rechargeable battery|
|Battery Life||Approx. 500 charge-recharge cycles|
|Charger||Portable, compact AC adaptor (190 â€“240 V)|
|Display||128 * 64 Graphical LCD with backlight.|
|Keyboard||30 Key, Alphanumeric, Tactile, 10 million operable.|
|PC Interface||USB Slave Port, IR (Infra-Red) and RF optional.|
|Host System||Any (DOS, Windows, Unix, Linux)|
|Size||Approx. 24 x 4 x 7.5 cm|
|Weight||250 - 400 Grams|
|Optional Features||BIOMETRIC Module, GPRS Module, SMARTCARD Module|
- Field Data Collection
- Courier Services Data Entry and Processing.
- Research Data Collection
- Sophisticated environments like AC room, Computer furniture & qualified operator also are not required.
- Virus threat is also ruled out. Since Palmtec is programmed for specific applications, there is no chance for misuses.
- Though the operation is simple for laymen, security is ensured by data encryption and multi-level password protections.
- Palmtec can be used in places where keeping (or carrying) a set of PC + UPS is impossible